Christmas morning was kind of awesome. Dac and I woke up a little after 7 and just laid in bed for about an hour. We didn't really talk or anything. Just laid there catching up on facebook and blogs. We held hands, looked at each other some, and enjoyed the moment. Normally Christmas is so hectic that we tend to lose sight of the joy and what Christmas is all about. We're aware of that and yet haven't been able to break the cycle of Christmas crazy. This simple little time together was pure magic to us. =)
The four of us sat at the kitchen table and ate leftover sausage balls for breakfast. What more can you ask for? Courtney made some potatoes, we all got ready, loaded up and headed to Courtney's Gran Gran and Papa's house for lunch. There was a big southern spread and we ate ourselves sick. Then, we headed over to Aunt Cindy's for more visiting, eating, a couple sugar coma's, and a nice game of Dirty Santa.
Aunt Cindy and her jumbo hound lap dog Macy. Pretty girls. =)

Dad and Uncle Jerry.

Me and my Boo.

More Sangrias and Aunt Cindy striking her famous pose!

The guys.

Mom and Grandma B.

Dirty Santa. This crowd plays rough... lots of stealing.

Dac ended up with a pigs-in-a-blanket snack maker.

I got the Loaded Questions game and my Dad got himself a fine LSU cap.

I'm still having to wean myself off the sugar slowly. It's an ugly thing coming out of a sugar overdose. Very ugly. We had a great time though and I sure hated to tell everyone goodbye. Thankfully, it sounds like there may be a chance or two for us to get together this coming year... hopefully with the rest of the family that we missed this time around. =) Can't wait!! I love having something to look forward to.
After not sleeping well due to a major sugar-induced belly ache, we got up by 4:30 the next morning to pack up and head back home.
We got home just in time to take a shower and head to Call Christmas. More on that next...

Your aunt Cindy has a really nice face. I know that sounds weird, but her face just says, "I'm a really awesome person and you want to know me1"
ReplyDelete