Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Midweek Randoms

  • Life is a crazy mess right now. A good (for the most part) mess, but a mess none-the-less. =)
  • I'll pick up where we left off last time. Last Wednesday was Charli's 4-year pictures. Holy smokes how did this child get to be 4? Time is a'flyin'. I'm pretty much attached for good at this point. =) So don't go moving far away, k Cori? That night Heather and Kayla came over for Criminal Minds. I fixed Frito chili pie and cinnamon roll cake. Pretty tasty - but I forgot to get pictures. I found the cinnamon roll cake recipe on pinterest. Gee I love that site. The cake was good and I'm sure it'll become a chili night staple. =) It'd been a while since I really got to see/hang out with those girls so it was fun.
  • Thursday was a bit of a bad day. Or at least it started out that way. I finally went to the doctor about this ongoing crud and turns out - it was a sinus infection. I don't know why I waited so long to go in. I get 1-2 each year and I should have known that's what it was. Anyway, I was sent on my way with an antibiotic and some nasal spray. I had a meeting that afternoon and suddenly, right during the middle of the meeting, I felt so sick to my stomach. I don't know if it was the antibiotic kicking in or something else but I just walked out and went home. Thankfully, I started feeling better after just an hour or two (weird). When I got home, I got a call from a not so super happy client which broke my heart and had me in tears by the end of the phone call. I was devastated but I think we can make the client at least somewhat happier and I'm feeling a little better about it now.
  • That night, Val, Cori, and Steve came over. Cori made delicious chicken and scratch noodles and a tasty rainbow layer cake with marshmallow frosting. Shut the front door. Yum. It was fun catching up. We love these friends! After we ate we mostly just watched dumb youtube videos. ha! Party animals.
  • Friday night was our work party. Every year we girls at the office have a secret santa week and a little reveal party at someone's house. They're always fun and I'm glad to work with people that get along and care about each other. I'm not saying it's always drama-free but it's pretty close. =) This year we opted to not do secret santa and just play dirty santa instead. We went out to Traci's, ate chicken and noodles and potato soup (yum!). We played a game where you had to guess who's baby picture was who (WAY harder than I thought i'd be although I got lucky and tied for first place!), and then opened presents. Everybody must have liked what they got though because nobody stole anything. =)
  • Saturday morning we got up early and went to Wichita for a lifestyle family session for a photographer friend who just had a baby girl. =) Oh my, she's sweet. We had a great time getting to know Jennifer and her husband better and it was a lot of fun to do a less posed shoot. I'll, of course, share the pictures over on the photo blog later.
  • I ate a chocolate chip cookie which I managed to melt to my butt and the seat of the car. Fail. Still haven't cleaned it up yet. Double Fail.
  • After pictures, Dac and I hit up Kohls and Target for some more Christmas gifts (still not done yet but SO much closer), ate some Spangles and headed back home so I could get ready for Heather's bachelorette party. I felt super rushed but the party was fun and I'll share pictures on here soon. =) Look out!
  • Sunday, I got up and went to church. I know. Gasp! Dac stayed home to help David with some stuff but I went and we had Amanda's wedding shower afterwards. We had lots of donuts, cider, and hot chocolate and she got lots of goodies so I call it a success. =) Her wedding is coming right up and I can't wait.
  • After the shower, Val, Terese, Cori, Charli and I went to eat at La Fiesta. THEN, we helped Cori get everything ready for Charli's awesome superhero birthday party! THEN, we went to the party. =) Super cute! I'll share pictures of that soon too.
  • Since then it's just been work - edit photos - clean house - laundry - work - second verse same and the first.
  • OOH - important news here... we got our carpets cleaned today!!! =D AND Peety went to the pug spa for a bath and a good nail trimmin'. =)
  • In other news, I'm scheduled for surgery Thursday. Not looking forward to that but hoping it'll make life (and all the pain) a little more bearable. Any prayers and/or warm, fuzzy thoughts would be much appreciated! =)
  • I don't like that you have to take off nail polish for surgery. Boo. What will I do with bare toes? Of all the times when you want cute, freshly painted toes and they go and pull that on ya. Thankfully I have some new fuzzy slippers to hide them in. ha!
  • Speaking of frivolous hygiene - I got some new lotion. It's this kind. It's a little more scented than what I normally go for but it's not overpowering and it softens my rough man arms so I'll deal. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment