A week after surgery I got stupid and decided to take the 10-hour trek down to Louisiana to see some family. Ok, ok, this has been planned for over a year. It probably wasn't smart but I wasn't about to miss the chance to head south. This is where a good deal of my dad's family lives and I haven't spent a Christmas with them since college. Plus, it seems like for the past year we've had to get together for funerals... it was time for a much happier visit! =)
Anyway, we left Thursday morning and made it to my Grandma B's in decent time... it would have been fabulous time had we not been hosed up in Dallas for like 45 minutes. (Side note: I've taken a few road trips with my dad and it never fails... he always says something about being hosed in traffic. My cousin Jerry Neil got to experience Dad's driving last year so ever since we've given him a hard time about this phrase and his mild road rage! ha! He's a good sport though...hey, in this family you have to be able to take what's dished out... 'cuz the dishin' never stops!)
That evening we ate homemade hamburgers and watched the season finale of the X-Factor. I'd never watched it before and Grandma B. was all for Josh (is that his name?) to win. He didn't though and apparently we're sore losers in this family. haha! =)
The next day my mom, dad, and Dac went shopping with my Aunt Cindy. I still wasn't getting around real good and was in a load of pain from the long car ride, so I stayed home with my grandma. Then, she went in to get her hair did and I stayed home then too... being lazy, eating banana bread, and watching SVU reruns. I'm not gonna lie... it was kinda nice.
Later that day Aunt Cindy, Jerry Neil, and.... wait for it... MY BOO (cousin Courtney who's more like a sister than a cousin...only better I guess... b/c there's never any fighting!) came over. YEAH! Everyone was on their iPads and phones (so much so that my grandma decided she needed an iPad stat... and she got one... ha!).
Dad and Dac

Grandma B. and JuJu.

Grandma B. got me started on hot chocolate with tons of cool whip when I was little. Add some milk and it's even more divine. Yum!

We ate a delicious spaghetti dinner and got caught up. Mom, Grandma B, Boo, Aunt Cindy.

Jerry Neil. He used to be dubbed the Grinch when we were younger. He's cheered up since then though, ha! =)

An apparently sleepy Dac and I. =)
It was a great night of quality family time then Dac and I were off to stay with Courtney and her husband Ryan at their new house. Oh. My. Word... it's gorgeous! SO nice. I love that they got such a great place AND that I have a room there. =) After the grand tour we stayed up chatting before resting up for another awesome day.

Grandma B. got me started on hot chocolate with tons of cool whip when I was little. Add some milk and it's even more divine. Yum!

We ate a delicious spaghetti dinner and got caught up. Mom, Grandma B, Boo, Aunt Cindy.

Jerry Neil. He used to be dubbed the Grinch when we were younger. He's cheered up since then though, ha! =)

An apparently sleepy Dac and I. =)
It was a great night of quality family time then Dac and I were off to stay with Courtney and her husband Ryan at their new house. Oh. My. Word... it's gorgeous! SO nice. I love that they got such a great place AND that I have a room there. =) After the grand tour we stayed up chatting before resting up for another awesome day.
No comments:
Post a Comment