skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Midweek Randoms
- I like to talk trash as much as the next guy but at the end of the day, I know this is what's it's all about.
- Is it just me, or is the OSU band looking a little smaller these days?
- I don't like that you miss this stuff when you watch games on TV. I also missed seeing Bullet ride. =)
- I've been keeping up on my pre-surgery nesting. This week I made an appt. to get our carpets professionally cleaned. They're awful. Really awful. But while we've shampooed them ourselves a few times, we've held off on spending the money because we've been renovating and because we planned on replacing them by now. That's the way it goes, right? So I'm excited about that. Also, I took everything out of our bathroom drawers, cabinets, etc... and threw stuff out, vacuumed them out, and re-organized. This was a particularly lengthy and messy job because our built-in drawers back up to the spare room closets that were torn out - so, all the insulation, plaster, dust, and wood chips had settled into them. Guh-roas. Glad it's done. I still have the cabinet under the sink to do and then of course, just regular deep cleaning/scrubbing - but it's coming right along. =)
- I got some more Christmas shopping done Saturday. Went to Derby with my aunt and Grandma. We had a good time. I still didn't get everyone bought for. =| But I'm at least a step or two closer. I had hoped to have all this done this week BUT... yeah right. Looks like the rest will either be bought online, or will be gift cards.
- While I was Christmas shopping, I did some shopping for myself. I know, I know... I just can't help it when there's sales going on like that. Plus, I don't get out to shop very often anymore. Anyway, I had ordered this adorable, classy, perfect black dress a couple weeks ago. I just knew it would be just the thing for Heather's wedding. It wasn't. Instead of looking classy, adorable, and perfect... I looked frumpy, fat, and hideous. SO, I needed to find something Saturday. (The wedding is this month) I had pretty much given in and decided to wear bib overalls when I found a lone dress hidden amongst lots of pretty new things at Maurices. It was my size. It was black. It fit and was fairly flattering. Nothing special, glamorous, or stunning. But. It. Worked. It is me. Plus it was $20 cheaper than the one I'd ordered. I took the dress and a pair of jeans up to the counter to check out. The cashier's eyes got big and she said "This dress is on sale! You are just going to die!I asked her how much it was, expecting it to be down $10 or so. No. "$9.89!" I told her to GET OUT. I got the $40 dress for $9.89. GAME ON and Alisha FOR. THE. WIN. It's a dress I could wear to a wedding or a funeral (not that I plan on going to any of those anytime in the near or not-so-near future)... with pearls or a colorful cardigan and fun tights. Plus, it's something I can probably wear even if I gain or lose a size. Holla. To wrap it up, the jeans were 40% off, so I got the jeans AND the dress for less than what I would have got either one of them for alone. =)
- I can NOT seem to shake this cold stuff I've got lingering. It's been about a week and a half now. Some days I think it's headed out then the next I feel like I'm back at the starting line again. Sunday was one of those days. I basically laid on the couch all day. I did get up to cook some cavatini and do a load or two of laundry and dishes but that was it. Lazy, lazy day.
- We had our first "snow" Monday night/Tuesday morning. It was just a light dusting but I did manage to find a slick spot on my way to work. It's of course been cold and I decided to have a hot chocolate at work. =) We have a hot chocolate stash there so I had my pick. I chose a dark chocolate sensation and added vanilla caramel creamer to it. Yum. Warmed me right up. Maybe I'll finally bust into my tasty chi packets! Can't wait. Honestly can't believe I've waited this long. This sums up my current life nicely I believe.

- In other random news. You know what I don't like? I don't like when you're making a breakfast casserole with canned croissants... and the can won't pop open on it's on. You know the ones right? Both cans I tried to open last night wouldn't budge. Then I got nervous just anticipating that pop sound. I had to practically beat them with a big spoon and STILL my heart jumped.
- I made some healthy and nutritious muffins last night. They're called morning glory muffins and I got the recipe as well as the picture from this blog I follow. They happen to be Vegan but I don't really need or want for them to be necessarily. I just like that they're loaded with fruits and veggies. I followed her recipe but I used two cups of white whole wheat flour, pecans instead of walnuts, axed the raisins, and added a little almond milk. They definitely have a hearty taste and are full of fiber. I ate one for breakfast today with a little yogurt butter on it and it was good... plus I'm not hungry yet. Bonus.
- The remainder of the week, I have the following: dinner/criminal minds night, Wii Night, my work Christmas party, Heather's bachelorette party, a wedding shower, and one of my favorite kid's birthday party. SO - needless to say, I should have lots of pictures to show next week. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment