Win or lose, I'm always proud to be an OSU Cowboy. Always. No. Matter. What. BUT - I'd be lying if I said that beating the tar out of OU during the Bedlam game Saturday night didn't boost that pride just a little bit! =) I was so stinkin' excited!
Dac and I had fun watching the game. We have just basic-basic cable and unfortunately, over the last few years we haven't been quite good enough to get a lot of prime time coverage... and we shoot weddings on a lot of Saturdays so we haven't got to catch many games. We both donned our orange, ate stew with extra carrots, and homemade sweet potato biscuits (ORANGE POWER) and cheered the boys on!
OSU 44 - OU 10. GO POKES! =)

As if beating OU wasn't enough... we're the BIG 12 champs! HOLLA!

Unfortunately, this wasn't enough to allow us to play LSU. Totally bummed here, people. This team deserved a shot at the championship. Sure, they lost to an unranked team just a couple weeks ago... but it was in overtime at least... and while none of us will ever know for sure how the plane crash the night before that game affected the team, given the way they've played the rest of the season, I think it's safe to say they were affected. Plus, the majority of my Dad's side of the family are big LSU fans and I would have loved to talk a little trash with them. =)
Oh well, the Fiesta Bowl is nothing to scoff at, we're still #3 in the nation, and this alum is proud. Did I mention we BEAT OU? ... Oh, I did? =)
Congratulations Cowboys!! Now go beat Stanford!

No comments:
Post a Comment