Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas #1

A couple days after surgery Dac's immediate family came over for our Christmas get-together (we had it early because Dac and I were going to be out of town for actual Christmas). We always have a fun time and the past several years we've done cuisine-themed events (we've had Hawaiian, Cajun, Cruise-themed food and drinks, etc...) to change things up and keep it different than all the other holiday food.

This year we had Italian. I feel so bad that I couldn't help with the meal (or anything for that matter... sorry guys!) Val was a trooper and took on the meal although I know others made some things too. We had a delicious lasagna bake and a chicken/shrimp alfredo dish. Plus there was salad, bread, a veggie tray... etc... It was so good.

I think we all made out like bandits... here's the pile of gifts. We're all so spoiled. We do stockings too and Terese (I mean Santa) always gets us socks and underwear. I always get some Burt's Bees too. =)


Charli and Val. I was still kind of loopy this day and I don't feel like I really got to talk to anyone very much. Kind of a bummer. Aren't they cute?

Dac. =) We had Christmas at our house this year since I had just had surgery. We set up extra bag chairs.

Grandma Jo. Austin's in the background being awesome and doing dishes.

He loves getting his picture taken.

Cori kept a still puffy-me company. We like to sit real close to one another. So what!? =)

Steve and Char. I think this is a good picture of them. =) Two smiles even!!

Opening gifts. Dac's messing with our new Shark steam mop. Don't look at my messy laundry closet! That's Dac's dad in the blue.

Charli trying on Steve's special new elf undies. =)
Peety opening his gift...
A dog bone! Peety doesn't really get all that excited about toys anymore.

So that was that. We ate. We talked. We laughed. Probably picked on one another... you know, the usual. I'm so happy to be part of this crazy family.

1 comment:

  1. We are so happy to have you be a part of our crazy family!!!

    ReplyDelete