Thursday, December 1, 2011

Midweek Randoms

  • I realize that while I talked about Thanksgiving, I didn't mention the day before. I normally have to work that day but we happened to get off this year. =) Woo-hoo! I'm thankful that I get holidays off. I know people in many professions still have to work and I'm thankful for those people too!
  • So, Wednesday, I got up and met some girls I work with and J.K., my old boss, for breakfast. It was fun to catch up and as tempting as it was to sleep in, I'm glad I went. The rest of the day was pretty productive. I got an oil change and went to lunch with two of my favorite girls, Kayla and Journey. Dac and I payed some bills and took two big truckloads of metal to the metal recycling place. We also took the rest of the "donate" stuff (lots) to Salvation Army and Goodwill.
  • That evening we went to El Maguey with Val, then Val and I had sister time at the Walmarts. =) We got stuff for Thanksgiving and even shopped for two kids on the Angel Tree. What David wants for Christmas each year is for us to each shop for an "angel". So we do. Val and I always do this together and it's always an absolute blast! Love it. Val had a little boy and I had a little girl. Both were right around the 1-1.5 year age. Here's a look at Val's loot: several warm adorable outfits and a couple car toys.

And my loot: a stacking cup game, a dressy outfit, hoodie, sweats, tee, and pj's. =)
  • This week, I worked all day Monday due to a meeting that night. Tuesday, I made a vegetable soup over lunch and then I got real crazy and went grocery shopping after work. Like real grocery shopping - the kind where I actually come home with stuff to make actual meals. It was wild. It was kind of exciting... it's been so long since I've really shopped or cooked or had anything real healthy and nutritious in the house. After the shopping, I cleaned out the fridge and freezer. I took everything out, threw out the old stuff, cleaned the inside of fridge and then re-organized everything. So glad that's done. I've been putting it off for months. Or at least weeks.
  • Up top is Dac's variety-o-beers. Last time we were in Wichita he picked up a box of craft beer that the owner of Rob's Beer World put together. It was a good deal but the catch is that he didn't know what was in it until we got home. You woulda thought it was Christmas morning. =)
  • There's also eggs, and butter, and yogurt, and apples, and almond milk, and cheese, and fresh veggies. Fresh. Fresh spinach, fresh carrots, fresh celery, fresh... carrots... oh and zucchini. =) There's also gatorade and sierra mist (partly left over from my flu bug and partly in preparation for post-surgery).
  • On the freezer side there's now sausage, ham, stew meat, chicken, ground turkey, fish, frozen veggies (yes, more veggies, please proceed to pick your jaw up off the floor), and some fun little peanut butter and jelly sandwiches that Val and I picked up on our shopping date. =)
  • I forgot to mention that I have a cold. At least I think it's a cold. I thought it was just sinus drainage at first (Saturday night) but now it feels like a full blown head cold. First the flu, now this. Minor things - sure - but annoying none-the-less. I'm hoping this is the last of the sickness for a while.
  • Sky came over last night. We made omelets, bacon, and biscuits. That's right... another homemade meal. BAM! We also played her Sims game... and by played, I mean she helped me figure out how to create a character. Ha!
  • Currently:
Obsessing over: this cold, my desire for yummy baked goods, cheesy casseroles, the need to get stuff done!

Working on: deep cleaning and organizing the entire house, warming my feet,

Thinking about: what's for lunch, surgery, Christmas, what to give as gifts, what to wear to Heather's wedding

Anticipating: Christmas, seeing family I don't see very often, Heather's wedding

Listening to: my mouth breathing, Grey's Anatomy, Christmas music

Drinking: lots of water, Spark energy drinks

Wishing: for a more organized and cozy house, an enjoyable Jesus-family-laughter-good attitude filled holiday season, to feel better, to have a better idea what the future holds,

No comments:

Post a Comment