Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Weekend Recap

Dac and I had a busy but fun, weddingless weekend. Don't get me wrong, we enjoy weddings. We've just been a little worn out is all. This past weekend was a very welcomed one!

Friday night we went out for ribs. They. Were. Delicious. Oh. MY word. Afterward, we took a family trip to the Wal-Mark/Wal-Marts/Wally-World. We always do this after eating ribs. It's kind of a tradition I guess. I'm not sure we could stop even if we wanted to. ha. Ok, I'm not sure it's that set in stone but anyway, I digress. I picked up some groceries and some handy hem-snap things for my pants. Good times. Then, we went to Cherry Berry.

Here's a dandy picture of Dac and Val looking like chipmunks with their mouths full of delicious yogurt!



Here's my loaded-with-goodies treat.

And here's my paybacks... mid chewing.

The next day, I picked up Sky and we made cake balls with my new baby cakes maker. We had fun listening to music and baking (and sampling) away. Sky got new glasses - cute, huh?

That afternoon we met a potential bride and groom (and the bride's family) at Biederman's in Winfield for cokes and to talk about their wedding day. They are all super nice and we seem to have the same style and philosophy so I'm hoping that works out.

Later, Dac and I had DATE NIGHT. We were really good about doing something together every week for a few months and then with the crazy wedding/holiday season, we got off track. It's fun though and I'm glad we're making time for it again! Anyway, we went to see Contraband. This wasn't the original plan. I just assumed Girl With A Dragon Tattoo would still be playing here BUT it wasn't. SO - we saw this instead... I wanted to see it anyway so it was fine. We left a little stressed about money, haha, and went to Braum's. The line was forever long but we saw several people we know and chatted for a bit. I came away with a rocky road cone and all-n-all, it was a fun time.

We had planned to go to church Sunday morning but were both pretty tired and decided to stay home and watch Lifechurch instead. I made us each a big bowl of cereal, Dac a coffee, and me a Chai tea with the Keurig.


Lifechurch was really good and it was just what we needed. The one we watched was the first in a series called "Better". The series focus' on verses about being better and how to achieve it. This particular verse was Psalm 84:10 -

"Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere; I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked."

It's kind of funny because SO many times in the past several months I have read/heard that sometimes you have to give/pass up something good in order to get something great. Of course, this message said the same thing again! Now, you may not believe in God but I do, and I'm certain it's not a coincidence that I've heard this over and over and over again in such a fairly short period of time. Now, the problem is figuring out what the "good" thing I should be giving up is. =) I'm looking forward to watching the rest of the episodes.

Ok guys... we can call this keeping it real Tuesday if you want. I did something stupid Sunday. Really stupid. I poured my Scentsy wax down the garbage disposal. I don't even know why I did it... normally I put it in the trash... but I did it. Well surprise-surprise, the drain got totally clogged and we (Dac) had to fix it.

At least the pipes smell like cinnamon vanilla now. =)



Sunday afternoon, we took pictures of Mister Aldrik. It was fun and I think we got some cute ones. He's adorable!

After pictures we went out to Dac's parents to join the entire family for supper. We had fajitas and they were fantastic. I hadn't ate lunch so I was starved. YUM!! Here's the birthday girl in the hat Charli made for her. =) We had so much fun.


THEN... Dac, Val, and I went to Steve and Cori's to help them move and clean. Good times! =)

Hooray for a weekend off!!! LOVE. IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment