skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Midweek Randoms
- Back on myfitnesspal.com for REALZ now. Falling in love with it all over again!
- On that same note, the girls in my office implemented a bit of a wellness policy this week. We’re each supposed to take turns walking around our circle drive (takes about 8 minutes or so)) once in the morning and once in the afternoon. Granted that’s not a ton of walking but it gets the blood flowing and when you sit at a desk all day, you take whatever you can get. It feels good to get at least a little exercise in each day and I feel like it’s making me more productive. Day 1 was in the 60’s... amazing. Day 2... in the lower 20’s... miserable. C’mon willpower.
- To counteract this though, we’ve had donuts one day, homemade to-die-for German chocolate cake the next... sigh. Baby steps people. Baby steps.
- I have been eating better otherwise though... I’ve even got to cook some this week already! WOO! I made this hearty little chicken and black bean casserole Monday night. Chili and black bean chili Tuesday night, I also plan on making omelets, cajun chicken pasta, and beef stroganoff this week. I’ve even had some healthy smoothies made of a different mix of fruit, almond milk, protein powder, and even spinach one time! I don’t like vegetables so I have to hide them in things...look closely and you can see spinach in the casserole too.


- I’m becoming more and more addicted to Rescue Me on Netflix. I’m not really watching 20 episodes in a row like with Grey’s, but I’m loving watching a couple on the nights I have time. It’s so funny.
- I cleaned house this weekend and I swear it already looks like it hasn’t been touched in a month. Maybe not that bad. But not great either. Why does that always happen? You clean something then it gets dirty again. No fair!
- I love love love Reeces Peanut Butter Eggs. Love them. Cadbury Cream Eggs too. Had one of each the other night and now I want MORE. Happy early Easter to me!
- I’ve been waking up grumpy in the mornings. I don’t know why exactly... but I sure have.
- The good news is I’ve been feeling better in general since surgery. I’ll probably do a more extensive update on that later on... once I know more about how I’m doing post-surgery. But for now, I feel like I can move like a fairly normal person again and the surgical-pain is basically completely gone. Every now and then I notice a little bit but it’s few and far between and totally tolerable. Hooray!! =)
- I also got my heart monitor results back... normal. I knew they would be because I didn’t notice any of the weird/hard beats while I was wearing. It comes and goes and is definitely not every day. Earlier this week, for example, it was fluttering and being ridiculous and I found myself feeling more tired and slightly dizzy (not bad... just a little). The nurse mentioned the possibility of a medication to slow my heart a bit because it definitely runs a bit fast... but that it wasn’t a pressing issue. I decided to hold out and see if it gets worse. If so, I’ll call them back... if not... I won’t! =) Apparently racy hearts run on my mom’s side of the family so it may be something I just deal with. At least both I and the doctors are aware of it now and can catch it if things get out of hand.
No comments:
Post a Comment