- Let's start at the beginning I guess... last Thursday. Last Thursday I went to Wichita with Val and Cori. We got donuts. Yum. Went to my post-op appt. where I learned that all the cysts, tumors, and my appendix came back benign. Holla! The endo was considered stage 3 - with over 75% of each ovary covered in it as well as parts of my bladder, bowel, tubes, etc... I also had some adhesions tying one tube down and they were hanging out some other places too. One of my tubes looked funny but she didn't seem too particularly concerned about that. All-n-all, the surgery was a success. She got all the bad stuff out, (Rockstar doctor! YEAH!) appendix included, and hopefully things will get a little better for me in the pain department.
- After my appt. we went maternity shopping with Cori, ate Noodles at the mall, Val got a haircut, we went to Babies-R-Us, got heaping piles of frozen yogurt, went to Cori's appt. and I got to hear two little baby's heartbeats!! Eeeek! Then, we grabbed some pizzas from Papa Murphy's to take home and eat with the guys and Charli. Fabulous day.
- After work on Friday, Dac and I headed to Kansas City. Saturday, we spent the day photographing Lenny and Emily's fantastic wedding. It was beautiful. A long day with lots of work - but beautiful - and fun! I also got to see several old friends, so that was cool. =) More on that later over on the photo blog. Sunday, we woke up when we wanted to, ate a continental breakfast (waffle for me - yum), made a pit stop at Bed, Bath, and Beyond then headed home. We stopped in Emporia for some tasty Pizza Ranch! =) A special thanks to Dallas and Aubrey for introducing us to this quirky little gem. Then, when we got home, unpacked, etc... I started watching Rescue Me on Netflix. =) Like I need another show to become addicted to.
- Monday, I had a Dr's appt. with my normal family doc. Remember how I said the post-op nurses were real concerned about my speedy heart rate? Well, I'd also been having some funny palpitations off and on for a while. While at my post-op appt., the doctor suggested I get my heart checked out just to make sure I'm A-OK. So, I went Monday expecting him to listen to my heart, maybe take some blood... easy peasy. Well, no blood work - yet (What!?! I skipped breakfast for nothing!) He said it appears my heart rate always runs high. SO - he sent me on to the hospital to get a heart monitor put on. Joy. I'm glad they're being proactive and all... but this thing was annoying. Annoying and itchy. Ouch. Plus - no real palpitations while it was on. Go figure huh? Isn't that how it goes? Your car makes a funny sound several times but when you take it to the mechanic they can't hear a thing and look at you like you're crazy. Uh-huh... Crazy... party of one. =)
- Don't ya wish your girlfriend was HOTT like me?!?

Don't cha?!

Don't Cha?!

- As is all this medical fun isn't enough (and the ridiculous costs associated with all of it) my car is need of some pretty expensive repair. And really... as Dac picked me up after dropping off my car it became uber obvious once again that his car really needs totally replaced. We need a new vehicle period. Have I mentioned two rooms in our house are completely wall-less? Oy. Probably going to have to really tighten the budget (you know, the budget we haven't really been following anymore...) but we can do this! Oh - and I've been called for jury duty this month. (I wonder if stress is causing my heart issues?) My friend Heather said if she was a doctor she'd prescribe a spa day followed by a girl's night with adult beverages. Who needs med school?! =)
- Got in an order from Sephora yesterday. New BareMinerals makeup and primer (I've been out for a while) and some new brushes. Yippee!! My face feels like a dream today. =) A soft fluffy dream... like one in the clouds. ha!
- Dac and I had a little working dinner date last night. We had lots of photography stuff to discuss. It was actually pretty productive and I'm thinking we should really do that more often.
- Tonight I have a church meeting and a friend date w/ Kayla. Holla!

No comments:
Post a Comment