Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Midweek Randoms

  • As you’ve probably noticed... things have been a little crazy around here. Good crazy but crazy none-the-less. I love that we’ve gotten to see and spend time with so many friends and family members this holiday season. It’s been fabulous!! =) Makes it worth all the “busy”.
  • I feel tired. I look tired. I am tired. But not as tired as I expected to be after this past week.
  • We put in lots of time photographing a wedding for a family friend last Friday. Then, the next day, I attended and sang at my wonderful friend Heather’s wedding. Both weddings were beautiful and I’m glad we got to be a part of them.
  • I somewhat procrastinated learning and practicing my song for Heather’s wedding but God was so good to me and I didn’t screw it up. Whew! When she asked me to sing I told her I’d be happy to if she was sure she wanted to hear my rusty old pipes. They’re not what they used to be. =) I made it through, got some super nice compliments, and the bride and groom seemed genuinely pleased, so I call it a success.
  • We spent New Years Day sleeping in a bit and eating a late lunch at Dac’s parents’ house. Terese always makes strongly encourages us to eat a spoonful or two of black-eyed peas for good luck. This year, she made a dip out of them so that was a plus. =) We were going to go see The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo but it just didn’t end up working out so we’ll have to try and go see it sometime soon. I think it looks good!
  • I spent Monday sleeping in a bit and watching the rest of my Grey’s Anatomy episodes on Netflix. =) I did run and get us lunch and I did some laundry/cleaning but fell short come bedtime when the fresh sheets weren’t put back on the bed again. Oops... we slept on the couches instead. How lazy can I be? Yesterday? LAY-ZEE.
  • How 'bout them OSU Cowboys winning that Fiesta Bowl. That's right... thaaaaaaaat's right!!!! Proud as always. Great season!
  • I’m having quite a bit of internal pain... not sure if I overdid it this weekend or if maybe this is just my temporary normal. Hoping either way... it’s very temporary. I’m kinda over it. Not to be a whiner...
  • I considered starting back on a somewhat healthy eating plan this week. BUT - I haven’t really grocery shopped in weeks, plus I have my post-op appointment tomorrow and I plan to get donuts before I leave and a delicious lunch and… who am I kidding... probably a snack and dinner too =) none of which I plan to be salads, mind you. Then, we have another wedding extravaganza this weekend. SO - I’ve decided next week is the week. I plan to be back on myfitnesspal.com and really working hard again.
  • Let’s see. I’m still rocking sweat pants (no jeans yet) when I’m not in my one pair of work pants that fit. I did sport a dress to Heather's wedding. HOLLA! The dress was nice and comfy but the spanx and tights I donned underneath weren’t so much. =) Kind of defeats...no?
  • We paid our final payment for some re-branding work we’re having done for our photo business. We should be revealing it in the next month or two. I’m very excited about it... and can’t wait to make some very needed changes in our business world which will hopefully allow for some very needed changes in our personal world too!
  • I’m super excited to create and order our 2011 blog book. I wish I would have started doing this years ago instead of ensuring myself I’d get around to those scrapbooks. sigh. Oh well... at least from here on out we’ll have some good documentation!
  • Oh - I still need to paint my toenails. =) I know you’re all dying to know that.
  • I think it's worth noting that I have good taste. Real good taste. Good, expensive taste. You wouldn't know it by looking at me. But trust me. It's there. =)
  • In other irrelevant news... it's becoming more and more obvious to me (so probably totally obvious years ago to others... ha!) that I have some obsessive compulsive tendencies... especially in regards to cleaning. I almost annoy myself. Ok, I DO annoy myself. There. The first step toward a solution is admitting you have a problem. Right? Of course right.
  • Now that I'm done with Grey's... I have the urge to start another season of 24 again. Surely you remember that when we watch 24 it practically consumes our life. We SO do not have time for that right now. But it sounds like fun to just veg out on the couch and watch tv together for the next few weeks. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment