skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Midweek Randoms
- Let's play catch-up from last week, shall we?
- I had a meeting in Salina Friday so I spent the day in the car. That evening we went to Wichita for a dinner/christmas shopping date. We ate at Old Chicago and picked up a few gifts. I wasn't able to get as many as I'd have hoped... but it's a start! Since I'm having surgery soon and since we'll be out of town some for the holidays, I really don't have many shopping days left. It'll all come together though... and if not, there's always gift cards, right!? =)

- That brings me to my next topic. Saturday. Saturday was clean out the house day. We had hoped to take some scrap metal to recycle and get most if not all our stuff taken to Salvation Army, etc... that needed to go. Welllllll... no such luck. We got our normal recyclable stuff dropped off, I cleaned out our bedroom.... took everything out of our closet (please understand, since our spare room/bathroom is under construction... most of that stuff has taken up residency in our bedroom closet.)I threw stuff away, got stuff ready to donate, and cleaned and organized. The room looks grand. Bare and totally undecorated with non-matching sheets, mind you, but grand. =) We deep cleaned the floors, blinds, etc... and Dac even hanged new curtain rods. I got thecurtains washed but they're not hemmed yet. Half the stuff from the closet is now in the hallway. ha! And while we got a bunch of stuff from the garage taken to Salvation Army, the stuff inside the house I was so desperately hoping to get rid of, is still there. In piles in about every room in our house. Maybe tomorrow?
- I think part of the slowness was due to my not feeling well. All day longI felt kind of queazy. I just knew I was getting sick. Well, I was. I spent all night throwing up (it's not pretty people, I'm such a violent puker... you're welcome for sharing that tidbit) and feeling like death was upon me. I slept out on the couch and couldn't get comfortable and couldn't seem to regulate my temperature. It donned on me Sunday morning that maybe I had a fever. Well, I did. It was like 100.5 and I imagine it was well over that during the night when I was at my worst. I spent the rest of the day on the couch either sleeping or watching old Grey's Anatomy episodes on Netflix. I even missed Thanksgiving dinner with Dac's family. =( Didn't even get to eat a take-home plate. Double =(.
- This is also the day I found out about the plane crash that killed two of the OSU Basketball coaches and two others. My heart breaks for their families, players, etc... An article about the crash can be read here.
- Unfortunately this isn't the first tragedy of this nature to affect OSU... visit the Remember the 10 page here. I have such pride about Oklahoma State. I feel blessed to have had the opportunity to go there and be part of the great orange-wearing cowboy family.
- Monday, I woke up still feeling pretty bad. I wasn't puke-sick anymore but I still had the awful headache, was super sore, and I could tell I needed more recovery time. I spent another day on the couch... barely getting up... watching more Grey's and eating soup. I missed girls night out too. Triple =(.
- Today I have a hair appt. Praise the Lord.
- This week is full of Thanksgiving festivities and one of my great friends' wedding! Can't wait!
Sad you missed Dinner on Sunday BUT excited we get to hang out tomorrow! Too bad Cori and the family won't be hanging around town! Glad you are feeling better!
ReplyDelete