- So, it's been a while since I've posted some deep thoughts... I'm so sorry to have kept you waiting. =) Over the past couple months I've really been noticing how judgmental parents can sometimes be towards other parents. Sometimes it even seems to happen unintentionally - and I know we can all be like this about anything - not just parenting. I've just noticed it a lot in that area. We (human beings) seem to compare ourselves to others way too much (Guilty as charged) and I think that perpetuates the cycle. Example: I feel insecure about something, I feel like you notice and judge me for it, I begin to judge you as a defense mechanism. It's vicious and can be never-ending. I also think for some people - and probably all of us at different times - being heard is equal to being loved. We like to talk and we crave confirmation that we're smart, good, doing what's right, etc... but in the process of us talking - we can miss God's confirmation and our words can sometimes be downright hurtful.
But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, reasonable, full of mercy and good fruits, unwavering, without hypocrisy. 1 Corinthians 1:25
I think that means sometimes it's wisest to keep our mouths shut.
- Besides - what's there to judge anyway? We're all genius' in our own right. =)

- Work has been CUH-RAZY this week. We have a former staff member who is being sought be police for alleged child sex crimes. I'm the district's PR person... I think your imagination can probably paint a pretty clear picture of what my week's been like.
- After 2-3 weeks of weight struggles - I had a loss this week. I'm at 15 lbs lost now. Holla. Let's get this train movin' full steam again! I'm a little behind schedule (I'd hoped to lose 18 by September 12 and clearly we've missed that) but still excited to be moving again. Choooo-choooo!
- I fell down our porch steps Monday. I was leaving for work and it was the weirdest, most slow-motion thing ever... but I couldn't stop it. I fell. It hurt. Neighbors saw the whole thing. My pride hurt even more. Now - I'm still super sore and my ankles hurt BAD. I prooooobably need to go to the chiropractor. We'll see if I actually get around to doing that. =) My shoe broke in the process. They were my comfy black wedge sandals... strap pulled out of the bottom. =|
- We did some senior pictures last week. We don't usually get to do a lot of seniors (for some reason weddings and families seem to take the majority of our session times) but we LOVE shooting seniors. They're so much fun. Can't wait to share that session and can't wait for the others we have lined up this fall. =)
- I finally scheduled a hair appt. for next week. I'm thinking something along these lines. What do you think?


- Facebook changed its layout again guys. I know. Again. Things are always changing though... so I'll just chalk this up as a "first world problem".

- Tonight is the premiere of Criminal Minds!!! Can. Not. Wait!! AAAAAHHHHH.
No comments:
Post a Comment