skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Midweek Randoms
- I fully intended to have already posted about our Branson trip AND this past weekend AND our dates... but obviously I'm lagging behind. =|
- On the bright side, I do have this picture that Dac took of our adorable pug licking his chops. Does that make up for it?

- I guess since I don't have a whole lot to chat about today, I can just go ahead and tell you about our dates this past weekend.
- We had a little extra free time this past weekend so we were actually able to each plan a date. It worked out since the week before didn't allow for an "official" date. I picked first. Friday night we ate Subway then went to the high school Cowley Cup football game. We got rained on quite a bit but we won - Go Bulldogs! We were sure to celebrate by grabbing an ice cream cone on the way home. =)

- Saturday we got up and grabbed a drink (Diet Dr. Pepper for me and an iced coffee of some sort for Dac) on our way to Wichita for a family session. I'd been pretty excited for this session for a few months because even through our e-mails back and forth, I knew we'd hit it off! =) It was one of those sessions where you feel like you've known each other a long time. We took pictures at the park then went our separate ways. Dac and I grabbed Panera for lunch right after, bought me a couple discs, then went to play disc golf! Dac loves disc golf and that was the date he planned for us! =) It was a lot of fun! It started raining on us as we were finishing up the 9th hole, so we headed to Cherry Berry to complete the date.




- Once we got home, got ready, and got the cooler and chairs packed up, we headed out to my brother-n-law's customer appreciation party (he's a great welder). I think it was Val that lovingly dubbed it redneck fest... and it was just that. Don't be fooled though, I can kick it with the redneck crowd. =) I have tons of pictures from that, so it'll have to be it's own post... BUT... here's a quick glance at the fun we had. haha.

- Guys... listen to this. We had this big honkin' spider under our door when we opened it this weekend. SO - I had Dac step on it (I'm a pansy) and, yeah, it gets worse, get this... BABY SPIDERS went EVERYWHERE. *Gags* Hundreds of them... I'm at least 99.8% positive they all went outside but STILL. UGH! We killed as many as we could. I hate to be like that ya'll. You know I love God's creatures. Really, I do. BUT, I draw the line with spiders, babies or not. I discriminate. Forgive my sins. Now, had the spider been out in the yard or at the nature center for example, I wouldn't have dreamed of killing mama and her babies. Never. But practically in my house? You better believe it. *Shutters* Furthermore, I don't understand how when you step on the mom - how the babies even survive? I mean, the little creeps hang on her back and if you step on her back, I'd think that'd do it. I shutter. *Scratches head for the up-teenth time since starting this paragraph*
- I'm still t-totally sucking at my diet. I've gained a couple pounds and REALLY want to get some more weight off before more holidays and fall eating extravaganzas come my way. Unfortunately, my will power level is barely even registering on the will power-o-meter. How can I fix this!?!
- Our anniversary is Friday! It's a big one... FIVE YEARS! I'm excited. Don't know why exactly, we don't really have any major plans yet. No second honeymoon or hot date planned... at least no plans yet. We kept Friday and Saturday open though so there's definitely time for dates. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment