Sunday, September 18, 2011

Branson Trip

Like I mentioned a few days ago, My cousin Courtney and I took our moms on a mother-daughter trip to Branson, MO for their 50th birthdays!

We all left from our respective states Saturday morning (Labor Day Weekend) and after a few pit stops and lots of winding roads, we made it to our hotel that afternoon. Once we got there and squealed and hugged a lot - we went for a walk. It was a toasty trek too, I might add.

Anyway, we kind of just explored the the strip around the hotel, perused a few tacky t-shirt shops (even found some ROCKS like old times), and then decided we'd better stop and eat/drink before we had heat strokes. So - we landed at Charlie's. We were greeted by a singing (or maybe lip syncing) lady and while our waiter was nice, the food was just mediocre and they put us back in a corner behind the sound guy (oh yeah... she was totally mouthing the words...knew it!) For Pete's sake - nobody puts baby in a corner!! Clearly they didn't realize who we were. Clearly.


Courtney and I lookin' like a couple of hot messes after drinking like 3 whole pitchers of water... each.

Mom and Aunt Cindy

With our rocks. Listen ya'll... I'm gonna let you in on a little secret. Courtney and I were... huh hmmm... total dweebs. =) We would go to Bonnie-n-Clyde Trade Days and beg our parents to buy us the little pouches of polished rocks. Then, we'd proceed to wash the rocks in the bathroom sink because we were both experts in how to care for those priceless stones. I'm pretty sure she also convinced me she had a book about how to turn regular ol' driveway rocks into gems. Wait, now that I think of it... I may have had a book too. =)
We continued back to the hotel after supper and found ourselves at the Montana Mike's bar having a drink.



The next day we got up, ate continental breakfast, and headed to the outlet mall. We spent several hours there picking up all sorts of bargains! I NEVER shop like that and I got some great finds for Fall - including my most exciting purchase - a $25 Banana Republic pullover that is so soft and so cozy and so perfect. I also got some work shoes and some sweaters. We just ate lunch there at the mall (jumbo hot dog for me... yum) and then once we were done shopping we headed back to the room to get ready for DIXIE STAMPEDE.

Aren't they purdee?

Mom sportin' the 50th crown.

=) You all wonder where I get it... Exhibit A.

Me workin' it... haha

Dixie Stampede was good. Honestly - better than I expected. Sure it was totally cheesy and hoaky - but it was pretty dang entertaining anyway. I ate practically my whole meal too (maybe I shouldn't admit to that). The meal consisted of a rather chunky cornish hen, a slab of pork, half a potato, a mini corn cob, cream of vegetable soup, a cheddar biscuit, and an apple turnover.

My boo.


Aunt Cindy sportin' the crown. Court bought this crown and they only had one... so the birthday girls had to share.The adorable little squishy fuzzy butt piglets from the show.

During the pre-show.After the show we went on an adventure (ie: I was driving). We had a heck of a time getting up this awful hill. I was willing to sacrifice my cool facade for some good laughs. That's me - always taking one for the team. =) Annnnnnyway... we decided to drive around and check out the downtown area. After catching a glimpse we decided it'd be fun to skip Silver Dollar City and hit up some shops, check out the Branson Landing, and eat our weight in snackages.

The next morning things took a turn for the worse... we had an issue at our hotel. I've contemplated even mentioning this... it's that bad... but this is my scrapbook. Not that I'll likely ever forget this... but still... I feel it's worth documenting. Ya'll - there. were. bed bugs. What!?!?! I KNOW!! It was sooooo unbelievable. Sooooo gross. Sooooo haaarible. =( To make an uber long story short - we got a full refund, all our stuff laundered, and a new hotel room. And a lot of itching. Eeewww. Even though we were upset and it certainly put a damper on things - we were not going to let it ruin our day!

There were several little five and dime shops downtown... this one wasn't all that little.

We weren't out long before we had to stop for a coke.
We got some delicious old fashioned cokes (vanilla Diet Dr. Pepper for me).


Then we made our way down to the landing.

We ate lunch at the San Francisco Oven. Then shopped. Then ate again.
Then shopped. Theeeeeen ate again. =) This time, at the Rowdy Beaver.


It was fun and our waiter was from Kansas so that was cool. Aunt Cindy and her marg. Can you blame her? After the day we had?
The responsibles with our sweet tea.
And - then we ate. Andy's frozen custard. Yum! And we used a coupon. For the win!The next day we got packed up, ate breakfast at Cracker Barrel, hugged goodbye, and headed back.

We had such a great time and while we would have done some things differently I think, the important thing is that we got to spend time together and as always... had fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment