Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Five

That's five years Dac and I have been married as of September 16. Total - we've been together for more like 13 years. Crazy, huh? =) I just can't really even imagine life without him at this point... he's pretty much always been there in some capacity or another.

I wasn't feeling good on our actual anniversary and we didn't have any exciting trips planned or anything but, all-n-all, I'd say the weekend was pretty alright and it was the "at ease" that I know both our hearts needed.

Friday, we got up and went to Ike's for donuts. We usually don't see much of each other in the morning - even though we have to be at work at the same time now. We're usually doing our own things. I had a fresh glazed doughnut and a chocolate long john while Dac had a sausage egg and cheese roll and a glazed. Like I said, I wasn't feeling good, and I just flat didn't think to take a picture. After work we went out to eat (with apparently everyone else in the county) at Montana Mike's. Then, because College Hill was close (boo), we picked up a couple of toasty drinks from the gas station. First hot chocolate of the season! That night we lounged on the couch and watched 24.

Saturday, we woke up and headed to Stillwater (God's country). Dac and I both really love it there and I honestly think we'd be happy living there if the opportunity ever came about. When I was finished with college I probably wouldn't have said that - but the town has spread out, added lots of great shops/restaurants, and it's just a lot less hectic feeling. Anyway, love Stillwater, love all the orange, love being there with Dac. =) We ate at Joe's... shared a plate of THE cheese fries (with a side of ranch w/ ketchup mixed in) before our meals came. I also got a t-shirt. =) Don't judge - my t-shirt addiction is fierce and hard to shake.




After lunch we walked around downtown, ran into Summit Co (for being so incredibly inactive - I sure do love all the stuff in there. I could create a whole wardrobe out of that stuff and be content), played disc golf at Boomer Lake (sure do miss that place and wish we had something like that here) and did some more casual shopping. We finished off the date at Aspen Coffee for a quick treat before heading home. By this time it was rainy and storms were moving in. It continued to rain, thunder, and lightening the rest of the night - whatd'ya know? Perfect 24 weather. =)

The next morning we got up, listened to a great lifechurch.tv message (which really made me wish we had a real small group to be a part of) while we cleaned house. I clean regularly (honest) but the thing is - we have so much shtuff laying around because it doesn't have a home since we're remodeling a couple rooms in the house. We got quite a bit done that day too so it's definitely an improvement. We were supposed to have a session that afternoon with our friends the Cassidy's. Little miss got sick though so we have to reschedule. So - I cleaned and did more laundry and Dac edited photos. We re-convened for another episode of 24 before heading off to bed.

That was our big 5-year anniversary weekend! I know it doesn't sound like much, but it was a chance to be 'us' instead of worker bees on the brink of major stress-induced breakdowns. We laughed and played and talked and life was good.

Just for kicks and geegles - here's a look at us at our first dance in 1998 (right before we officially started dating). It wasn't our first date per se - because that was when we went to the movies with Val and Tarl. Haha. I sat with Val and Dac sat with Tarl. =) I kid, I kid... no, but seriously. It was awwwwwwwkward.

Oh to be that size again... that in shape again... and that tan again.

Here's us not long after getting engaged in 2006:


Here's us on our wedding day - also in 2006.:


Here's us on our 5-year anniversary: =) Thankfully, still happy!

1 comment:

  1. Love it..Look how young you both were. Glad you are a part of our family!! Love you both!

    ReplyDelete