Friday, December 13, 2013

If You Give a Boy a Party...

I started thinking about Reid's birthday party several months ago. I considered a couple different ideas. At first, I pretty well had my heart set on a gnome/woodland theme party. I thought that'd be perfect for his fall birthday and we may still do it eventually. 

I decided what I wanted to do with it might be a little better when he gets older and decided to go a different route. I liked the idea of a morning party for him and I love donuts! =) Why not, "If You Give a Dog a Donut"! It's perfect. Donuts, dogs, and it's a cute book too. ;) 

I figured that'd be inexpensive enough to pull off. I wanted cute and fun but I wanted simple too.

I really wanted Dac to design a cute invite but he was so swamped with photo editing that I just took it on myself. Not the cutest or most well-designed, but it got the job done. =)
My SIL Val was such a huge help with this party. He spent hours helping me decorate the day before (if I never twist streamers again it'll be too soon!) and even helped make favor bags. I kinda owe her. PS - shout out to having an awesome sister-n-law that I love, get along with, and actually WANT to hang out with. It's a pretty sweet deal. =)

We served donuts (glazed, applesauce, and sprinkled), applesauce (regular and cinnamon), and milk boxes.
We had water and coffee too.

There was a kid's table with a homemade coloring sheet and various activity pages.
The kids got to take a pack of donut seeds home.
And weeks later, I'm still eating leftovers for breakfast. =)
We asked everyone to sign his book.
See those streamers? They were almost the death of us. =) But I love them.
I won't even tell you how long we worked on the "1". haha. Perfect? No. But then, it is. =)
Dac whipped up the donut display for me and my cousin Carina made Reid's yummy cake.
I can't remember who snapped this one, but thank you. =)
These guys kinda like their kids... and each other's. =) That's Kayla's husband Mark on the left holding Reid, and Dac has Felicity. =)
Coloring is serious business. I wish I would have paid attention to how the decorated their donuts. I bet there was some good ones! Big kids include, Journey, Aldrik, Charli, Jessie, Jazzy, and Ellie.

This is my mom, grandma Millie, and me with the birthday boy.
We wanted my aunt in one too!
Dac's Dad, Dac, and his Gma Jo. We are so fortunate to have so many of our grandparents still living.
Eden.
Britton.
Opening his first present. Technically, he opened his first birthday present at our house the night before. haha. It came in the mail and just HAD to be done.
Here he is opening the shoes and sippy cups we got him.
He had lots of help. =)

Reid was actually quite cranky the day of his party. Totally threw me off. I planned a morning party because he's usually happy and awake at that time. Not that day. He was tired so Dac rushed through the present-opening. The whole party lasted about 45 minutes.
Taking his first ride on his dino.


Leaving a path of destruction in his wake. ;) The kid racked up.
I think the first time he realized all this fuss was for him was when we sang happy birthday to him. It's like it clicked and he got happy after that.
The sugar didn't hurt anything. =)
He absolutely loved the cake. (He get it from his mamaI) He kept shoving it in his mouth and would shiver and smile with each bite. It was the funniest thing. I wish I had it on video.



He was in Heaven.

I finally took it away because he really hadn't had sugar yet and I didn't want him sick and miserable. I honestly think he could have ate the whole thing if we let him.

That's right son, show 'em how it's done!

These are some extra pictures taken by Darla. I wanted to be sure they made our scrapbook too! I love that she takes and shares photos at family events. She caught more of the crowd and catches moments that I couldn't... like his after-cake bath! =)

Here's Reid on his Uncle Austin's shoulders.
 Sweet friends!



 He really didn't get too messy... mostly just his face and hands.
 Ahri - just 3-weeks older than Reid.



 Reid with his grandmas. They don't like him one bit.

The party was good and we had such a great turnout. Reid is one cared about little boy. I wish he'd been happier and able to enjoy it a little more but it is what it is. Special thanks go out to everyone who helped set up, clean up, and who were able to come up and celebrate with us! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment