I'm sure many of you have seen the little facebook activity where someone lists some random facts about their pregnancies and then if you like or comment it, you're given a # to do the same. I got the # 8 but I'm going all out and giving 10. haha.
I don't typically participate in those things on facebook (even though I love reading other people's interesting tidbits on whatever the topic is) but I thought I'd share here. In this case I just know how hard it can be to see that what seems like absolutely everyone is or has been pregnant when you are wanting it so bad. I imagine the extra pregnancy posts on facebook could serve as an unwanted reminder to someone out there and I just don't want to chance that my post could make someone sad. =/ Maybe silly, I know. BUT, I in no way think that's bad to do. I think it's totally ok to share!!! =) Like I said, I love reading them and getting to know people better. This just isn't something I felt comfortable sharing on that platform.
I don't really feel like I have anything of extreme interest to share but here goes:
1) We chose not to find out the baby's gender until birth. I absolutely loved doing it that way. That's not to say there weren't a couple times I second guessed our choice (ie: choosing fabric) but hearing "it's a boy" in the operating room was so priceless.
2) We also waited to tell friends and family about the pregnancy until the end of the first trimester. We told our parents on Mother's Day. (Blog announcement HERE.)
3) I was seeing a fertility specialist when I became pregnant with Reid.
4) I craved different things at different times but never really had any "weird" cravings per se... it was all stuff I liked normally, I just wanted it a little more fiercely. =) I craved Jimmy Johns, McDonalds chicken nuggets, macaroni and cheese (mostly just at first), and best of all, chocolate banana shakes. =) I also had a major aversion to meat (especially chicken) there for about a month or so.
5) I started growing and showing very early for it being my first pregnancy. I was SO excited to buy my first pair of maternity jeans. =) I wore them right away.
6) I had a subchorionic hemorrhage that caused a good scare and lots of pain but thankfully it dissolved on its own early on and didn't cause any other problems!
7) I got BIG and had lots and lots of swelling in my legs and feet. I also had epic heartburn. I had no idea how horrible that stuff could be!
8) We didn't have a name confirmed until the drive to the hospital.
9) We had a false-run to labor and delivery one night. It was embarrassing and we totally had that walk-of-shame moment out of the hospital during shift change. =)
10) My water broke at 3 a.m. on my due date - November 30. I labored (with an epidural that did very little good) until it became necessary for a C-section. Reid was born at 7:17 p.m. that day.
*BONUS* My least favorite part of the whole experience was that dang catheter. Ugh.
Monday, December 9, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment