skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Midweek Randoms
Why am I always playing catch up? Here's a quick (or not-so-quick) look at what I've been up to since last time.- Got our taxes done and are getting some money back. Hoping this will help us finish our bathroom/spare room redo.
- The night of my last post (two weeks ago!) I watched Criminal Minds with Dac because Heather and Kayla had other things going on. I love Dac and I love for him to be in the same room as me. BUT - I don't particularly enjoy watching Criminal Minds with him. He just doesn't dig it as much as I do and he doesn't get WAY into it. Plus, he talks through it. He's always saying stuff like "oh yeah, like that would really happen". I say, obviously there's a bit of fake to it - it's TV!!! =) Glad to know that Heather and Kayla will be back this time.
- The next day was supposed to be Wii Night but Val and Cori went to a concert. So Dac, Steve, Charli, and I went to eat Chinese food.
- The day after that we went out to the casino for Dac's birthday dinner. It was really fun. We all sat around for almost two hours just chatting - and the food was good too.
- Saturday Kayla, Journey, and I went to Derby for a quick donut/shopping/lunch at Freddy's date. =) Fun! Later, Val picked me up for a Sonic cheese stick run and then we went over to help Cori do some house work. I mean the girl is carrying what will be the world's cutest twinsies - she needn't bother herself with house work. =) We organized some things and helped Charli pick up her room.
- Sunday we went to church!!! I know - gold star! =) The thing about our church is that it's small - really small - and we've gone there since we were little bitty. Point being that everyone know's you've been a bit absent and they let you know they know. Later that day Terese made dinner for for Dac's birthday (Theme for the year so far: birthday, eat, birthday, food, birthday, cake, birthday, fat.)
- Monday, I picked Sky up from school. We went to Sonic for snacks and drinks and to catch up - then went home to watch Ellen while it stormed. Then, Dac and I went to Wichita with Steve, Cori, and Charli. We just went for kicks - ate at Texas Roadhouse and then hit up Target and Quick Trip then got home too late on weeknight for this girl. 5:30 a.m. came a bit early the next day.
- I felt pretty crappy last week so I didn't go to Zumba - not even once.
- I did go to church again though - for Ash Wednesday. I didn't give up anything for Lent this year though - or add anything really. Fail. After the service I went to Kayla's to watch Criminal Minds. It was fun to hang out for a bit and to see Journey who I don't get to see nearly enough!
- I had a work meeting in Derby on Friday. Got to see other PR people and eat Olive Garden for lunch - so that was a good time. I also hit up Target while I was there (don't judge). Oh - and I also had a follow-up ultrasound that morning... they can't really see endo with those - but there were no cysts so that's a good thing!
- Dac and I grabbed taco bell and lounged around watching 24 that evening. I wasn't feeling so good for realz that day.
- Saturday my awesome, hunky husband turned the big Three-O. That's right... 30! We sort of didn't do a ton during the day I don't think - but then we went to Wichita to celebrate with great friends! The night didn't go exactly as planned but it was fun none-the-less. I took a few pictures and will post a few soon. (Yes, I realize I've been saying that about my Charli weekend pictures for weeks now... but I promise... they're coming!)
- We got home super late/early so we skipped church and basically just watched 24 ALL day again. Oh - that and worked on cleaning/fixing our washing machine. The weeks before it was the dishwasher. Thankfully it hasn't been anything super major and expensive!
- This week has been a pretty busy work week. I also met with our Big Brothers/Big Sisters case manager yesterday. I've got to tell you - I am so stinking proud of Sky. She is a nominee for our town's Outstanding Student of the Year award. She has come so incredibly far. =) I will be at her ceremony in a few weeks cheering her on!!
- I went to Zumba last night. It kicked my hiney and I was sucking air big time... but I felt pretty good considering! Then I went to (wow...eating out WAY too much... obviously) La Fiesta with Val, Dac, Austin, and his friend Andy. We get there - and Cori and Charli were there too! =)
- Tonight is criminal minds night again. =) Heather and Kayla are both coming over and I'm pumped. Ready for some girl time!!
Alisha...I just had the most magnificent thought: I have an abolition blog and I think Big Brothers/Big Sisters is a great way for the everyday person to combat human trafficking in the U.S. Could I interview you for my blog about what it's been like? We would, of course, change names for your and Sky's privacy. If you'd be willing, please email me at rasovilla at gmail dot com. (Abolition blog is: http://usforabolition.blogspot.com/)
ReplyDelete