Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Midweek Randoms

  • I'm still doing myfitnesspal.com - if you happen to be on there and want to be buddies - my username is acall333. =) I'm not losing tons of weight right now but I'm definitely eating more nutritiously (meaning I'm getting more fruits and veggies, etc.. and not just sugar! haha).
  • One way I've been doing that is with smoothies (I believe I mentioned this and our new Ninja blender last time). I've actually been enjoying these... most of them anyway. My go-to smoothie is almond milk, half a scoop of protein powder, frozen mixed fruit/berries, and a cup of spinach. I've also had some chocolate-peanut-butter-banana ones that were delish... but also more calories. Duh.
  • I've still been going to Zumba 1-2 times per week (except this week - due to a funky schedule) and I love it. I've also been walking for at least a few minutes most days. It's just been SO nice!
  • Still been watching Rescue Me. I know - my life excites you. What'snot to love?! =)
  • Spent last Wednesday evening with Heather and Kayla eating McDonalds, catching up, talking about boys, and watching Criminal Minds.
  • Thursday, my parents came over. I made a pinterest meal. =) Honey parmesan pork roast over rice, salad, and my mom brought mixed fruit and cool whip. Yum. I can eat me some cool whip now ya'll. =)
  • All day Friday I was wanting to get out of work. I mean, it was driving me nuts and I was starved. I wanted to go on a lunch date with someone but never made it happen. I ended up just taking myself to Sonic for a corndog and cheese tots and drove around for a bit. Later that evening Steve and Cori dropped miss Charli off for a weekend-o-fun (at least for us)! Oh that kid. Love her. I have a whole slew of pictures to share in another post, but here's a couple quick ones I took on my phone. =) So glad they let me keep her for a while!!
  • This first one is of her wearing an apron working on a science experiment! =)
  • This one is of the little sleepy head later that afternoon. Cute overload.
  • That evening we went out for BBQ with Dac's family. I actually just got a cheeseburger... lame, I know... and some hot potato salad which was delightful.
  • Sunday, we skipped church in favor of letting Charli sleep in a bit... she seemed to need it. We did more playing and then went to Dac's parents house for Austin's birthday dinner.
  • That's the short and sweet version of the weekend. Like I said, I'll share more later.
  • Our budgeting has been going better this month. I have a TON of medical bills now but other than that... We're using the Dave Ramsey envelope system and it's working great. We have envelopes for food (includes groceries and some eating out), clothes, date nights, and we each have a "fun money" envelope. I've been using mine for dinner with friends, a coke here and there, etc... just whatever I choose. If I don't use it all this time, I can keep it until next time. As for the food money - if we have leftover it'll go to either pay on the medical bills or into savings. I'm interested to see how we fair.
  • Speaking of medical bills - I've definitely noticed a difference since surgery. At first I wasn't convinced because I'm still having pain... BUT... when I stop and really think about it (ouch... it hurts my head to do that) things are obviously improving. I really need to take the time to bring you up-to-speed on that and give a good "review" but I haven't had tons of time and it requires that painful thinking stuff and I'm still wanting to give it some time so my review can be as accurate as possible.
  • I've been wearing my hair au natural for the past several days. I get up, take a bath/shower, and just mousse/scrunch my hair. I don't have actual curly hair so this doesn't exactly look great but at least it's not one of my half-dry ponytails. I think I might need a hair cut. Oh, and the eyebrows. Lord help the brows. Oy.
  • Speaking of a mop makeover... Peety's stank butt went to the vet today to get bathed and to get his nails did. I went home over lunch to throw his filthy, stinky bed in the wash. Seriously. He's been so bad that our whole house smells. Yuck!
  • I enjoy Sonic ice. I'm enjoying some right now.
  • I really feel the need to paint my family room and hallway (and all the trim that goes with it) but I just can't seem to get motivated to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment