Tuesday, February 14, 2012

What I've Been Up To Wednesday

  • Whoa. It's been a long time since I've posted... so I'll likely forget to mention something fun or important or totally worthless but I'm going to give it a good solid effort. =)
  • Still going to Zumba... not as many nights per week as I should... but I am going. I love it. It really is kind of the perfect workout for me. Annnd I like to shake my butt. I like to "lean like a cholo", and I like to put a slight stage-choreography spin on things. ha!
  • The weekend before last, Dac and I went and saw the movie "Man on a Ledge" for date night. It was good! We both enjoy those kinds of movies so while it may not be your "typical" (if there is such a thing) date movie - it works for us! For the most part I'd rather watch a sappy chick flick with one of my girls anyway!
  • The next day I went with Terese, Mary (family friend and tons more), and Val to Wichita to go fabric shopping for some baby quilts. We left early, grabbed breakfast on the way, ate Pei Wei for lunch, stopped like 12.5 times for snacks and cokes, and had a blast. During our trip I was on the hunt for a Reese's Peanut Butter Egg (since calories didn't count that day...duh) but I couldn't find one for some reason. When I came back to my office after a meeting that Monday... there was a valentine bag on my desk with, none other than, a Reese's egg. =) Oh happy day!! Thank you Mary!
  • I can't seem to remember what else I did that weekend.
  • I can't seem to lose any more weight. "WHAT!?!??! With the way you eat?? NO!!!" I know, I know. It IS hard to believe.
  • The next week I had several work meetings and spent the majority of the week letting laundry and dishes pile up while I stretched out on the couch watching Rescue Me. I was seriously SO exhausted. Can't really explain it other than I. Was. Beat. I'm still kind of fighting the tired's but I picked up some vitamin B-12 and am hoping that helps.
  • Thursday night we got snow! =) Just a little though.
  • Friday, I got up SUPER early to get donuts and go with Cori and Val up to Wichita for Cori's maternal fetal specialist appt. I took a vacation day. After a week of being completely OVER IT and tired, I decided it was well worth using a day to hang out with them and see the twinsies. It was SO cool - a very in-depth ultrasound of both babies! Not only did we get donuts, but we went to Nifty Nut House for snacks, and ate Olive Garden for lunch. I got the Lasagna Fritta which is basically fried lasagna bites on alfredo sauce and topped with marinara and cheese. Holy Heaven. AND it only cost me 760-something calories. ha! It was a fun girls day. Plus, I think dr's appt's are pretty interesting. I already halfway consider myself to be a gyno wikipedia of sorts - but there's always more to be learned. =)
  • I got my brows waxed that day too. ABOUT. DANG. TIME. Then, we all went out for Mexican to celebrate David's birthday (Dac's Dad). After that, Dac and I went with Val, Steve, and Charli to watch Star Wars in 3D. It wasn't bad. I think I prefer Star Trek better... but it wasn't just horrible.
  • Saturday I had a case of the exhausteds again. I slept in until about 8:30, ate breakfast, watched Rescue Me, made breakfast for lunch, took a two-hour nap (I never do this), watched Rescue Me, ate supper, watched Rescue Me, put in Bourne Identity - fell asleep on the couch at around 7:30 p.m. WOW.
  • Sunday, Dac and I had actually planned to go to church (shock and awe) but since I fell asleep at 7:30 I forgot to set my alarm. SO - we ended up having a breakfast date at Braums and going grocery shopping - where, I might add - I used up the rest of our "food" money for the month. We get paid Monday though so I think we'll be ok. =) I really am liking this envelope system even though it's hard and less fun. haha. The rest of the day I did laundry, dishes, etc... watched Rescue Me then Dac dropped me off at my parents before his soccer game. Have I mentioned he's playing on an indoor soccer team? He loves it and I love it for him - it's something he's missed doing since living in Wichita. So - I hung out with mom and dad then we all ate a yummy supper together after the game.
  • Which, finally, brings us to the present week. Sunday night it started to snow... and it kept snowing so it was very pretty and school was canceled Monday. I work for the school district but still have to work rain, snow, or power outage. I was supposed to have a Board meeting that night though and it got postponed SO I went home and made a big pot of chili and a cinnamon roll cake and had my make believe "snow day" anyway.
  • Hope you all had great Valentine's Days and felt love from someone and or for someone/thing. Dac and I never really do much for Valentine's Day... so it wasn't anything special in that regard. I did get lots and lots of treats at work though (like it's embarrassing how much sugar I consumed...oy) and Dac's mom sent me a goody bag. I also got to go read to a sweet little Kindergarten girl as part of their D.E.A.R (drop everything and read) Valentine project. That was lots of fun! Other than that, I just spent the evening at Zumba with Val. =)
  • Oh - and there's this one BIG detail I'm leaving out. How could I forget... We got a statement from the surgery center. We owe 5+ different doctors/places for my surgery. All-n-all it's between $4,000 - $5,000 we owe out of pocket. Anyway, we've paid a couple of the smaller bills off, and were paying on the surgery center and my main surgeon (the two biggest bills). The surgery center bill was $1700 and we'd paid $300 so far. The statement I got said our balance was only $96. I thought they surely had that wrong so I called. Well, it was wrong. =| BUT - it was even better!!! WE. OWE. $0. NOTHING. Nada. Zip. Zilch. The insurance company apparently came back and paid more than expected. The receptionist confirmed that indeed we are all paid up and I screamed "Happy Valentine's Day to Me!!!!!" She just laughed and told me to enjoy the rest of my day. =) I can not tell you how much of a blessing this is right now. God works in big ways and I praise him for that!! Sure, by the time it's all said and done, we'll still have forked over lots of moolah to the medical industry - but this was our biggest bill and the fact that it's paid is a huge, giant happy note! =)
  • Today - I have another special treat waiting for me... a king size pack of Reese's Hearts. Oh my. From guess who... Mary. =) She can make a day, now.
  • In other news, my heart is breaking for some friends right now. One of my good friends Dads just had brain surgery for Parkinson's (amazing that he's had the opportunity for a potentially life-changing surgery) but he's struggling with the recovery and I know that's hard on all of them. Will you join me in praying for a speedy and complete healing? Also, other good friends of the family just lost a dad/grandpa. I know that's hard too. Nothing can really make that better aside from God's peace - so that's what I'm praying for them.
  • We get our taxes done today... that should be fun. =| I hope! Then, I may go to Zumba. OR clean house. But either way I'll be watching Criminal Minds. =)

3 comments:

  1. Well you have been a BUSY girl!! I love reading about your girls trips to Wichita. I love those kinda shopping/fun days when the calories don't count :) AND wowsa on how much your surgery bills were, but what a blessing to hear the insurance came back and took care of it! WAHOO!!!!!!

    Um, I really need to quit procrastinating with my taxes. I have a feeling you are much more organized with taxes than I....that's why I wait. I just know it's going to be a mess of a project! Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. =) Thanks for stopping by Laura!!! Oh - and we aren't exactly organized for tax time. We use an accountant and have him do all the work... and we go in there every. single. year like a couple of dummies who don't have a clue. We have YET to bring in everything we need... it's always a mess. =) We go early because we always have issues! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you are back, i was missing these updates (not like i wasn't there for 1/2 of this) But still LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete