We docked next to a ship yard.
Cute little tug boat! =)

Once we got off the boat we were welcomed by lots of pastel colors, just like Nassau.

But this time we were let out into a market of sorts. That was essentially all there was. We could have taken a taxi 12 miles to the beach and downtown shopping area, but since we had just done those two things the day before, and since we weren't going to be there very long that day, we decided to pass. We shopped around and I got a bracelet for Sky.

I will say this, the majority of the shop owners were sweet, friendly, and helpful but after an hour or so of walking and looking at the same kinds of stuff over and over again, I was done, and ready to get my lounge on again.

When we got back on the boat, there wasn't really anyone there... so we got these good seats (even though the view wasn't the best) and by gosh, I parked it there. I left only long enough to get some chow and hurried right back.
Like I mentioned yesterday, my legs had gotten pretty burnt (an ugly, splotchy burn which has, of course, turned into a splotchy white girl tan) so about halfway through my lounging exercise I had to keep covering my legs up... they were killin' me. Oh, I'd also like to note that once again we were sitting next to some nice people. =) Hooray for that.
Val and I were determined to stay in our good spot until we left that afternoon. We did and here's a few shots from that:



Hello blue water.
=)
After we left, we checked out the Fun Shops on the boat (they were having a sale) but I didn't find anything I couldn't live without. The Aloe was horribly overpriced so I just finished off my little travel tube of it and prayed my legs wouldn't blister before I got home to my gallon jug of the stuff!Then we got ready for dinner. It was bittersweet since it was our last night.


My starter: crab cake (I don't really even like crab but I made myself step out of my comfort zone and you know what? It was actually pretty good.)

Dinner: Short ribs (basically roast) with veggies and mashed potatoes.
Dessert: Baked Alaska
Dac's dessert: A CHEESE PLATE. (Are you kidding me!?!?) It stunk so bad and he wasn't particularly impressed. Cracks me up. A cheese plate. hahaha. For dessert. Crazy.

Terese and I with our waiter Kenroy and his assistant (who was just as cool but I can't remember his name...eek). They were fun.

Sunset that night.
After dinner, Val and I went to check out the Hey Mambo show in the Palace. It was a musical and we just caught the last 15 minutes or so. Then, we headed out to the deck.
We watched them drain the pool and do all sorts of other cleaning to get ready for the next batch of people boarding the next day.
A seal...

And a heart. With chocolates.
That night we packed our bags, requested a wake up call and hit the hay. The next day we flew home. I'll touch on that tomorrow and the post will feature pictures of the boat.

No comments:
Post a Comment