The day started out kind of ho-hum. Except for breakfast, that of course was fine. =) The excursions we planned to do were sold out (live and learn) and we weren't sure what we were going to do for the day. We knew there was some shopping to be done and we were determined to find a beach.

When we first got off the boat we were in tourist trap city. Everywhere we turned there was someone trying to taxi us off to God knows where and braid our hair on the way. Once we made it through the mob we checked out part of the town (though I'm sure we missed tons) and went in and out of some fun shops. Then, a nice lady told us about the free beach about a mile away. Score. We made our way down there and hung out for a while (since val and I had been dummies and left our beach towels and stuff back on the boat).






Here's me sportin' a "Ryan shirt" (my cousin who passed away last year). 

Once we determined we would in fact stay on the beach, she, Dac, and I took the trek back, grabbed some lunch on the Lido deck, and headed back to get our beach bum on.First, we got in the freezing cold, pretty blue ocean. There was lots of sea weed and rocks where we were so it hurt (and scared) my feet. =) But it was still fun!! I didn't run into any sting rays, barracudas, sharks, eels, or sea urchins so it was a successful swim in my opinion.


Then, I stretched out my beach towel and sunned until my legs were a bit burnt. Oops. =| Dac and I took a break to get a Coke and we sat on this log in the shade a ways back from our beach spot. While we were there... this guy came over, said hi, then proceeded to sell drugs to a couple teenage-looking guys. Just like that. Huh. There were cops all over the beach... some in uniform, some not. One guy was hiding behind the pier with binoculars. Not sure what was going on, but they were looking for someone to screw up. Anyway, it was kind of interesting. I didn't let it keep me from my nap though. You wanna know what did keep me from napping though? The high school kids next to us being completely trashed. There was a liquor store up the road and of course it's 18 to drink there, and I'm sure at least one of the hoodlums was 18. He kept coming back with bottles of Captain or something. Still, beach day was a blast.
Here's me posing with something... my Envirosax in tow.

We started heading back and stopped at Senor Frogs. It was fun but the food wasn't really excellent but extremely overpriced, and it was like Spring Break Girls Gone Wild in there. =)



The Gaucomole Boy came around to make Val's dip. It was good.

Our dinner guest.

On the way back to the boat we stopped at a few of the stores again and I got a Hard Rock t-shirt. Then, we got back on the boat... which I'll talk about later. =)

No comments:
Post a Comment