Friday, July 12, 2013

Colorado: Day 4

Saturday, after much discussion about what to do and a big tasty breakfast, we decided to hit up the aquarium.

Reid actually seemed to enjoy it even more than I thought he would. He loved being held up to the glass to see the fish and giggled at them. 


Hello!





These two had a pretty dang good time for sure.

Denver Aquarium was cool. Overpriced, but cool none-the-less!

We stopped for some frozen yogurt before heading back to their house before the evening activities. I started packing up our stuff while Kelly and Reid played "blocks" again. =)

That night, we went to Colorado Plus - a brew pub that had only Colorado-brewed beer on tap. I just tried one - the Dry Dock Apricot Blonde Ale. It was actually good. Not even just for a beer. We also got to hear Kelly's Dad's band play so that was cool.

Here's Matt and Dac.


Chillin' like a couple villains.

The special that night just so happened to be fish and chips - one of my favs! So that's what I got. It was delicious. The chips were really good too although I do prefer my "chips" to be fries.

We cut out early so we could finish packing and go to bed at a decent time since we had to leave at 3 a.m. the next morning (Dac had to be back in time to get in the car again and drive to St. Louis for a work conference). Meanwhile, Reid played with Matt and Kelly.

Due to a lack of traffic, the drive home wasn't too bad. We had a horrible experience at McDonalds on the way out of town and stopped at a QT where the line was so long I had to just hold it, but otherwise, it was quick and smooth sailing.

We had a really great time on the trip - always do - and hanging out is something we look forward to each year!

No comments:

Post a Comment