Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Midweek Randoms

Again - sorry for the lack of pictures. I'll get better. Promise. At least temporarily. It's just been hectic. I know you can understand that!! We're all busy.

  • Let's see. I realize I forgot to share our date night from two weeks ago. So we'll start with that. On Friday the 23rd, the same weekend we went to OKC, Dac and I ate at home (philly cheese steak sandwiches I believe) and then went to see Moneyball. It was really good. We went to the earlier movie and spent the evening with several members of the senior crowd. =) They laughed and talked through the whole thing so we spend lots of time just laughing them. Silly old people. =) The movie was great too though. I'm not a huge Brad Pitt fan but he did a good job as did the supporting actor and the story was a ''feel good'' one. After the movie we swung through McDonalds for a treat and headed home. We stayed up late finishing season three of 24 and decided that we needed to take a break before we started the next one because we just have so much photography stuff going on and Dac and David (FIL) are working hard on our bathroom/spare room project.
  • Last Wednesday I got my hair cut. Finally. It's SO much better. I can actually fix it now. Hallelujer! I don't quite look like Jen Anniston but close. Real close. =)
  • Thursday I had my doctor's appt. I'm being sent on to a specialist and really, this subject needs it's own post... so that might be for another day and another time. But my mom went with me and we had fun shopping, eating, shopping... eating. =)
  • Last Friday, for date night, we went to Ponca. Dac needed to stop by Lowes and we decided to go there since I/we'd been in the Wichita area a lot lately. We ate ribs at Head Country, browsed Brace Books, Dac bought the long-coveted Buckyballs and really payed little attention to me the rest of the weekend... I kid, I kid. Then we went to Cherry Berry. We like treats, ok?! Geez.
  • I went to breakfast the next morning with Kayla - she wanted to hear about my appointment and where better to chat than over a pancake and glass of chocolate milk (told you I'd celebrate soon!). We had a nice visit, I ran a couple errands in Winfield, then did some random stuff around the house before a family session.
  • SUNDAY. Oh my. We slept in. Like really slept in. 'Til 9:00. That's rare people. We met Dac's mom for lunch at Gambinos, then got to work on photos and house stuff. I spent about 6-8 hours totally cleaning/organizing the kitchen from top to bottom. I pulled everything out, cleaned the inside of the cabinets, put that shelf gripper stuff down, put everything back in an organized fashion, prepared a big box of stuff to take to the Salvation Army, scrubbed the cabinets, WD-40'd the stainless steel appliances (oh my word... thank you pinterest.com for reviving my hope in stainless steel. Who knew!?!?), swept, mopped, yada, yada, yada. It's like a new room. Ok, so it doesn't look that much different but to me... it's brand new. =)
  • While in Wichita for another dr's appointment yesterday, I picked up some new comfy pants. Guys, I love comfy pants. I love pajamas. I love soft fabrics that move when you do. Sigh. I want to be wearing comfy pants right now. Clearly this is exciting news. Val went with me. We ate like pigs, walked, and laughed a lot. Win.
  • I am SO ready for some of our bigger house projects to be complete. I especially want our disgusting carpet out of the family room/hall. Ugh, it's awful. I keep dreaming of my re-finished wood floors (hopefully) with a giant super soft rug down in there. Glorious. Even if there's not hardwood under that whole area and/of if it's too far gone to refinish - I'd settle for new, clean, soft carpet. =) Again... more first world problems.
  • I've been wanting to go to a pumpkin patch recently. I love Fall and everything that comes with it. The last time I went to a real pumpkin patch was right after we got married. Well - actually - it wasn't really much of a real pumpkin patch... it had pumpkins but was mostly a corn maze. But I digress. We went and had a blast. We didn't have much cash on us (plus we were pretty poor anyway) so we couldn't afford much in the way of a pumpkin. Dac, not wanting us to go away empty handed, picked out this little bitty perfect pumpkin and we named it Pumpkin Breath. =)
  • Oops - just realized I never posted this yesterday!
  • Since I forgot, it's worth mentioning that Steve Jobs has passed away. Co-creater of Apple, Founder of Pixar, visionary, icon, husband, father, friend. It's sad to see him go. Boo Pancreatic Cancer. Boo. I was reminded of this quote from another photo blog:

No comments:

Post a Comment