Thursday, October 27, 2011

Midweek Randoms x 2

  • So I didn't blog last week because I was on the road to a school PR conference in Kansas City. As much as I hate to be away during busy times, I always enjoy this conference. You see, I am the only person in the district who does what I do... everyone else does different stuff, thinks in a different way, etc... so it's nice for me to be surrounded with people who just get it. They're cool people so it was fun to hang out... and I got some great ideas.
  • The other good part about the conference is that Cori rode along with me. She didn't have to work and she has family around KC so she and Charli just rode along and played during the day while I was at the conference. Then, when I got done, we met her family for dinner. Oh my word, they are so super sweet! We ate at Cheeseburger Paradise one night, Famous Dave's the next, and that second night we did a little shopping at The Legends. It was fun and I'm glad I had the company! =) PS - totally disappointed with myself that I didn't get pictures. Sigh.
  • Speaking of Cori, I think I forgot to mention that she's PREGNANT! So excited for them. I know Charli is going to make a great big sister and I just can't wait to meet him/her. We love this family to pieces and I'm looking forward to having another little one to play with and spoil. =) Eeeek!
  • Back-tracking a bit... the week before last was kind of a rough week... wasn't feeling so hot and we had a wedding that weekend so we missed out on date night that week. FAIL. BUT... the wedding was fun and pretty and we got to go on a couple "dates" this week to make up for it.
  • Saturday we went to Wichita just for fun... just for us... no agenda. =) We ate at The Wichita Brewing Co. and had the Hopperoni Pizza, the Mac-n-Cheese Pizza, and the S'more Dessert Pizza. All of it was pretty tasty. Dac tried a couple new beers and I had the homemade rootbeer... also good. Then we took a leisurely trip to Target and Old Navy (where I got two pairs of pants that are waaaaay too small...ugh).




  • Then followed everything up with a trip to The Donut Whole. We each ate a donut there and then took a box home with us. Like we needed that! Ha! On the way home we stopped at my parents' house and had a good visit. We don't get the chance to hang out with them much due to lots of busy schedules but it's always fun when we do. =) They shared the donuts with us!


  • Sunday, I had a sister day with Val. We went to lunch together, caught up on lots of chatting, and went out to Austin's while he was working on a couple projects. We also made a happy hour run before I had to go home for a photo session. It was a fun one - our photog buddy Laura McPherson of Elephant Juice Photography and her family!! Always a blast!
  • Tuesday, we went back to Wichita to photograph a sweet family and then we ate pumpkin pancakes at IHOP for date #2. =) It wasn't a real date per se, but it was nice to go in, sit down, and be together for a little bit.
  • This week is OSU's homecoming. "America's Greatest Homecoming Celebration." That always gets me feeling a little nostalgic and makes me want to be in Stillwater big time. We (college buddies) were all going to try to go but we ended up not getting tickets... so maybe next year. Instead, we'll stick around for Arkalalah and a couple more photo sessions this weekend.
  • Did I mention that week is Arkalalah!?!?! HOLLA! I hadn't seen Sky in several weeks so Dac and I took her downtown to eat. She also talked me into paying $5 for one ride on the Kamakaze. Sucker. Anyway, I had the usual Jeffy Pup and Pickle O's that I can't seem to live without. (I was Jeffy Pup in elementary school!) Dac got a Gyro. Sky got... wait for it... a slice of pizza. Ha! She's worse than I am.
It's hard to get cooler than this ya'll.

(I must have seen a squirrel... ha)
These two = trouble. AND they're always scheming up "Alisha pranks". Sigh. At least they have fun.
Dinner.

  • Speaking of Sky... I love that kid. She's a total mess and it's that crazy teen time when she's not a kid but not an adult or full blown teenager either. Nuts. Makes me glad babies don't pop out as teenagers. Can you imagine?! Ugh. Anyway, she is just so much fun!!
  • After I took Sky home, I went home for a bit then walked back downtown to see miss Charli ride on her school float in the night parade. The parade itself was sadly pitiful... but this face... totally worth it. =) She so sweetly invited me to her parade... how could I resist? Exactly... I couldn't. So I donned my ear muffs (don't hate... appreciate) and joined in the spirit! (Photo stolen from Cori's facebook page. Thanks Cori.)

  • Like I said, it's Arkalalah, so I might actually have more pictures for once! =)

1 comment:

  1. I so need some photography skills. At least my subject is cute. :)Kinda makes up for the blurry and chopped off hands look.

    ReplyDelete