Thursday was Wii Night!
Friday, Dac and Reid got some quality time together while I went with Cori and the twins to the dance recital. Charli and Journey both did SO good. It was fun to watch and I got to hang out with the littlest ladies. =)
We were supposed to have pictures Saturday but that session got cancelled. SO - Dac did some much-needed yard work while Reid and I went up to my parents'. We had fun visiting and looking through some of my old baby albums.
When we got back, we refilled the diaper bag and headed over to Terese's house to babysit the girls during the recital.
I don't really get to see them and play with them much so I had fun. =) I made a mess while feeding them, gave them baths, and had story time!
Dear self, please lose that baby+some weight. Thanks.
Oops - out of order. Here's Reid at my parents' that day.
Here he is with his super cool big cousin friend. =) He kinda loves her.
My happy guy.
Sunday, we went to church, celebrated graduates, ate Gambino's for lunch, tried to take naps, and then did a photo session under stormy skies. Thankfully, the storm held off long enough for us to finish up but we did end up in the basement for a bit when the sirens sounded later.
Reid had his first taste of something other than milk this week. He tried baby oatmeal. The first night he was NOT impressed. The second night, I made it thicker and he was way more into it.
Eating 'solids' is 'zausting.
We celebrated Dac's boss' (and good family friend) retirement at a reception Wednesday. We'll miss him around work but we should still see them on Sundays at least. =)
In other news, I've started to wean. In part b/c it's just time for us I think and also because I finally got on meds for the allergy/sinus stuff and maintaining a full supply just wasn't going to happen. I'm still pumping but only 3-4 times per day instead of 8. I already have so much more time. Reid's getting a mix of breastmilk, formula, and now some solids. Routine's are a changin' along with all of it and it'll be interesting but we'll get it figured out just like we always have.
My heart is broken for the people affected by tornados earlier this week. I'm the first to admit that storms have their appeal and can be beautiful and exciting. BUT - I wouldn't wish any level of destruction on anyone or anything. Certainly they can be vicious and deadly. I truly can't imagine what going through something like that must be like.
Photo credit: unknown
My heart also hurts for what feels like a gazillion other people going through major life situations right now. Tough things. BIG things. I've fallen asleep mid prayer many a times this past week.







No comments:
Post a Comment