Sometimes when I stop and think about it - I wonder how the heck new parents survive. I mean, they just send you out in to the world with this brand new, tiny, completely dependent-on-you human. They really tell you nothing, give you nothing, and really, the most well-read, well-researched, well-practiced parent is just thrown into the ring with hardly so much as a boxing glove or mouth piece.
And yet... people do this. People do this and have done this with much less stuff and knowledge and rules and checklists. We're doing it too - with a whole lot of love, support, and God in our life. =)
This is another photo bomb post that is also out of order.
We were fortunate enough that Dac could take two weeks off when Reid was born. This was a major blessing - it would have been anyway but since I ended up having a c-section, I needed the extra help. He was such a trooper. I knew he would be - Reid and I couldn't have been better taken care of.
The boys spent lots of time like this during those first days.
This was when the newborn 'puff' wore off and his weight was dropping...
This needs to be on a wall somewhere in our house. I love it to pieces. Definitely one of the best photos I've ever taken. =) Even if just for the subjects and the happy it brings to my heart.
Holding hands.
He was apparently looking a little Asian that day. haha. This was taken the day of his first appointment with Dr. D. He was just a few days old.
This is about as real as it gets folks. Half wet hair. Bloat. Exhaustion. Oh - and that big smile on my face is 100% real too. I'm glad Reid will have this to see some day.
A boy after my own heart - sportin' a hoodie. =) Maybe it doesn't count when I'm the one who dressed him. haha!
My Boo and I
Grump. 1-month old.
This is one of my most favorite faces of his. He made it constantly. It's pretty well been replaced by a huge grin, so that's ok too - but I do kinda miss it.
No baby ears were harmed in the making of this photo. =) They weren't plugged in but Reid sure does love music - just like mom and dad.
=)
This was taken after a very long day. Dac was back to work and little man was going through a bit of a growth spurt. He insisted on being held all day and I was beat. Dac took him into the kitchen with him while he made some dinner. Reid continued to cry so Dac attached the iPad to the bassinet and played some Mumford & Sons. =) Reid quieted right down and went to sleep.
Cori's mom sent us these great changing mats!
Tarl. =) I sure hope Reid grows up with a great group of guy friends like Dac has. I also hope they all marry cool girls like Dac and his friends have! =)
As I mentioned, Erica visited and brought lunch along with the bassinet. Here's here little man!
Once the baby acne hit...
As much as he loved movement, he kind of fought the swing. He ended up liking it though!
John and Anna!! =) These sweet friends came to make lunch and I kid you not, 15 minutes before they showed up Dac got sick with the mega stomach flu. They stayed for a bit and held Reid anyway but then had to just turn right around and go home. We felt awful!
Oh how I love these guys.
Dr. A holding him at my two-week checkup. She just loved him! =)
He hated those stinkin' baths for weeks!
Tarl's wife Joy!! So glad we got to see them!
More snuggles.
I'm a big Criminal Minds fan. Heather thought he had to have this... =) It couldn't have been more perfect!
Not impressed with having his picture taken...
The first month was a good one. They sure have been flying by!


















































Stop it!!! HE is growing up way to fast for this Grandma!!
ReplyDelete