Monday, March 4, 2013

New Family

I wanted to share some more pictures from when we were at the hospital. If you're a facebook friend, you've already seen these but I wanted them here too so they'd be part of our scrapbook. They're not all in order but - we'll live. =)

Our hospital stay was painful and exhausting but for the most part we received great care. Trying to nurse Reid was also painful and exhausting. It got to where it hurt to even hold him but oh how I loved to cuddle him. Dac was pretty amazing (after that first zombie night - haha) and did everything while I couldn't get up. Reid was a sleepy newborn of course and did well at night too. Even when he did cry, I didn't mind. Oddly enough I kind of liked that sound for a while. I can't remember if it was our second or third night in there, but Reid stayed in the nursery that night because he was choking a lot (c-section babies have more junk in their lungs). The nurse suggested it and we felt more comfortable with that... we were afraid we may not wake up to help him and plus I couldn't get to him very fast anyway in my condition. 

Oh that sweet, chunky face. He looks so different now. I was certain he was the most beautiful thing to have ever lived... still am. =)


He was born Friday night and Saturday was a BUSY day. Lots of visits from doctors, etc..., family, friends...

Auntie Heather and Daniel

Oy. love this one.


With Auntie Cori!

This was one of my first real times out of bed I think.




Pastor Ben


Sweet boy



Big guy! =)

Great Grandma Jo.

He had super dark blue/grey eyes.

Dad snuggles.



Grumplestilkson. =)

Our beloved nurse Jackie insisted on taking this. I'm glad she did. And of course it was while Iooked my best. =)

Great Grandma Millie


Aunt Debbie

Cousin Darci


With Auntie Kayla


Aunt Darla


I'm so happy to have pictures like this.


On our last day, I was an emotional wreck. The hormones were definitely in overdrive. At one point the nurse came in and looked at me like "oh no, we probably shouldn't send a baby home with you..." but I assured her they were happy tears. And they were... mostly. Happy tears and crazy tears but no tears of sadness (other than all the nursing trouble). It was all just overwhelming. I was overwhelmed with happy, and love, and my heart may have just burst if I didn't cry a little. =)

Attempting his first going home outfit (tooooo big).


There, that's better! =)


His socks didn't fit. =) You'll notice he had his neck problem from the beginning. I'm certain it was from the way he was positioned inside (super low and cramped) for so long. He looked so teeny tiny in his seat.

We drove the slowest we'd ever driven with me crammed in the backseat alongside little man. I couldn't have been more uncomfortable but there was no stopping me from being right there with him. =) When we got home, I sat in the chair... barely able to do a thing while Dac ran to get me more pain meds. I just soaked in the quiet of the house and watched Reid sleep. Oh... and cried. =) A lot. Again - mostly happy tears! =) We had him and he was home with us. It doesn't get much more perfect than that!

We had set up a nice pack-n-play and of course Reid wanted NOTHING to do with it. He refused to lay on his back for more than 5 minutes. Dac spent much of the night holding him on the couch. The second night was even worse - we eventually just put him in his carseat and let him sleep there for a couple hours. I'm not proud of that but I don't regret it either. He was in a safe spot and all three of us needed that sleep. The next day, Dac's cousin Erica brought down a bassinet with an incline (Fisher Price Rock-n-Play) and suddenly life was better. Reid spent his nights (and plenty of days too) there for the next six weeks. It saved us! 

The next few days were full of appointments, cuddles, visitors, trying to figure it all out, and find our new normal. =) Oh - and more cuddles.

**I also want to add that Reid passed his newborn tests/screenings like a champ! He was a little jaundiced but he never needed the bili lights. 

No comments:

Post a Comment