Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mama...oooh ooh ooh oooh

It's Mother's Day - but we'll get to that in a minute. First, a little on our fabulous weekend.

Friday - We went to my parents' house for a scrumptious dinner, good conversation, witty banter, and lots of laughs. I tell ya, sometimes it hurts to be as cool as we are. =) Dac helped my dad cut down some trees and while he did that, I stayed in and "helped" my mom with dinner. I also got to see my Heidi girl (Mom and Dad's dog that is really my dog and she knows it! =)) It was definitely a good start to the weekend.

Saturday - I met my pal Kayla for breakfast at the donut shop. We had a nice chat and a chocolate long john and orange cake donut later, we were on our way to check out the house they're in the process of buying. It's perfect for them.

Then I came back because our good friends John and Anna (and sweet little Ruby) were coming for Ruby's 6-month pictures. We went to Braums for lunch, came back, played, took some pictures, played, slurped some Sonic drinks, played... it was fun. =) We love to hang out with them and we already can't wait until next time! Also, Ruby is at such a fun stage. I had a blast with her. You'll be able to see her pictures over on the photo blog in a few days.

After they left and we downloaded the pictures, we ran to Lowes. Then, Dac unclogged our shower drain. Myyyyy hero! =) As he was finishing up, I heard Peety making this awful sound outside. I thought he was seeing Dac in the basement and when I looked outside, I didn't see him. Well Dac heard him and ran outside...Turns out Peety had gotten his dog tag stuck between two boards on the deck. It was choking him. =( I felt awful that I didn't realize he was hurt. He was a sad, traumatized mess the rest of the night... he wanted lots of hugs and belly rubs but this morning he was back to his wild, crazy, stubborn pug self!! After that, we took it easy and watched "Date Night". It was funny!

We slept in and skipped out on church this morning then we took pictures of Dac's parents for their 30th anniversary next month. Next up was a delicious lunch at my Grandma's. Then, we went to Dac's cousin Darci's college graduation party. We edited some pictures tonight and now I'm trying to relax and enjoy the last weekend time I have before an extremely busy work week. Sigh.

So - it's Mother's Day today. Here's a picture of my mom and I from my wedding (duh) back in 2006.


I'd like to say happy Mother's Day to both our moms and to all the fabulous moms out there. To all the moms with babies, grown kids, those that have lost children, those who want nothing more than to be moms, grandmas, aunts, pet moms, mentors, and any woman who's ever done some mothering to someone. =) I'm so thankful and blessed to have had so many "moms." Not that I needed any extras... mine was perfect... but still, I love all of them! =) Moms, women, help make the world go round.

No comments:

Post a Comment